Sunday, April 17, 2005

...

When the hell did the weekend suddenly become the weekcontinuingindefinitely? Did I miss something here, or what? I remember back in the good old days when the Monday through Friday abyss was pleasantly bookended by those two shining, back-to-back 24-hour periods of relaxation and glorious, unbridled freedom known as Saturday and Sunday. Ah, to think back upon it! The sun seemed to be forever suspended in a backdrop of blue sky, and the hours in between the last morning cartoon and dinnertime seemed to stretch for eons. Those were the days when innocent hedonism was supreme, a time when chasing after a fly ball to the warning track was more important than chasing tail or a cheap buzz, a time when life was still early enough for there to be a little dew on the lawn. Life, however, continues to scroll by, and I welcome the future with open arms and a bottle of inexpensive champagne. The fact that the weekend has blended with the work week in an amalgamated mess of deadlines and obligations comes with growing up and living in the hustle and bustle of the American rat race, I guess. That doesn't mean I have to like it, nor does it mean that I will not do my damnedest to avoid abiding by those standards. I cannot help but worry, though, that someday soon I'm going to open my eyes to a big "The End" written in glaring cursive before me without ever really having seen the movie.
I dunno, this stuff's been on my mind for the last few days. Not sure what my point is. I'm currently in a weird state of consciousness where sleep dangles before me like a carrot to a rabbit who hasn't eaten in a decade, but it's that fool's gold type of fatigue where you know that if you gave in and went to bed, you'd be lying there for hours staring at the ceiling in amazement at how tired you feel, in addition to how the brown water mark above your bed bears an uncanny resemblance to Kevin Spacey. Or, maybe that's just me. Why oh why couldn't it have been Heidi Klum?!
Damn you, Shitty Leaky Pipes In The Upstairs Apartment, damn you to hell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home